Xanterra Travel Collection (Xanterra) owns a growing group of hospitality, travel and leisure businesses operating in more than 30 countries. As the nation’s largest National park concessioner (our original core business), environmental stewardship, compliance and sustainability are fundamental to everything we do. In the last decade, Xanterra has established itself as the industry leader in protecting and preserving the environment in national parks, private resorts and adventure travel. The company’s 6500 (peak season) employees provide superior guest service to visitors from around the world who visit the company’s 20+ hotels and lodges with more than 4,000 guest rooms, 45 retail stores, 55 restaurants, 1,500 campsites, a tourist train, and six cruise ships. Please see www.xanterra.com for more information on the company.
This position manages the internal and external financial reporting and the daily cash and banking responsibilities for all Xanterra legal entities.
- Manage the external financial reporting function to ensure timeliness, accuracy of the information generated, and application of generally accepted accounting principles. This includes quarterly bank reports (including variance comments), debt compliance certificates, and annual legal entity audit reports. Responsible for reviewing all yearend NPS audit reports.
- Responsible for the assimilation and coordination of all audit request information for interim and final to ensure that the information needed for the audit is available for an efficient audit.
- Responsible for providing technical accounting research as needed.
- Manage the internal financial reporting function to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the information generated. This includes responsibility for the management of the month-end close process and the coordination with property and corporate accounting. Additionally, this position is responsible for all aspects of Parent company reporting which include a combination of preparing and reviewing summarized monthly reporting, quarterly financial statements and cash flow worksheets, and annual account roll forwards.
- Maintain the company consolidation and elimination accounts to ensure that they are accurately reported in our consolidated financial statements. Record any dividend or equity transactions and ensure investment and dividend transactions are recorded and eliminated as appropriate. Review and manage elimination companies.
- Responsible for the monitoring of all insurance related accounting transactions for Xanterra including the allocation of all premium invoices. Monitor reserves to ensure that annual valuations for claims are appropriate.
- Responsible for the daily cash operations of Xanterra. Oversee the daily work of the Treasury Accountant. Review daily cash summaries and maintain the annual cash forecasts. Maintain record of all corporate bank accounts and signers. Maintain banking relationships and oversee corporate bank service fees. Assist with the annual budget process by preparing the budgeted cash flow statements.
- Approve and initiate all debt related payments and ensure payments are made on a timely basis to the banks. Responsible for all intercompany and 3rd party debt schedules including accurate reporting within the general ledger.
- Oversee Xanterra’s Retail Accounting operations. Responsible for ensuring these functions are operating effectively and efficiently. Direct the Staff Accountant for process improvements, policy and procedural development. Support ongoing daily operations.
- Prepare timely-filed property tax renditions and payment administration. Assist Tax Manager in analyzing reasonableness of changes to real property tax valuations and support tax manager in gathering information necessary for property tax appeals. Review monthly property tax accrual journal entries and account reconciliations for all Xanterra operations.
- Review all sales, use, and occupancy tax filings and ensure timely payment of all related obligations. Assist the Tax Manager with responding to sales tax audit requests.
- Active CPA license
- At least 3-5 years of public/private accounting with management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial reporting and/or treasury experience a plus