You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plan, organize, monitor, and oversee complex technology projects using cross functional teams to deliver defined requirements and meet Community & State’s strategic objectives
- Manage the full project life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, obtaining and managing resources, managing budget, and facilitating project execution, deployment and closure
- Utilize UHG and industry standard project management tools and techniques to effectively manage technology projects
- Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes, action items, issues lists and risk management plans
- Provide leadership and effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders
- Negotiate with project stakeholders to identify resources, resolve issues, and mitigate risks.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various functional areas to meet overall stakeholder expectations and objectives
- Provide functional and technical knowledge across multiple business and technical areas
- Monitor the creation of all project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards including design documents, test plans, training materials, and operations documentation
- Support end users with issues related to processes, functionality, data integrity and reporting
- 4+ years of project management and implementation or program management experience
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce.com
- Proficient with MS Office applications and project management tools
- Experience cultivating an environment of customer focus and satisfaction
- Experience working with diverse groups and matrix managed environments
- Experience implementing user processes that drive data quality
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field
- Advanced or higher level of proficiency with one or more database management systems
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to independently develop strategies based on strong analytical skills and business knowledge
- Ability to analyze and document CRM activities and initiatives
- At least one full life cycle implementation of a CRM project based structured methodology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.