Manage and ensure successful coordination of tactical and strategic sales activities for a specific account base as well as the development of new rail centric accounts that provide incremental growth for the Midwest Region assigned railroads. Lead and manage the development of detailed information regarding each customer's business and transportation requirements. Develop existing and new customer action plans, coordinate and deliver pricing packages, and lead rate negotiations that maximize Genesee & Wyoming’s penetration of the customer's transportation portfolio across assigned railroads and the network of companies served by the Genesee & Wyoming companies. Coordinate resources necessary to fulfill customer requirements, ensure customer satisfaction, and achieve assigned revenue, contribution, volume, and business development targets.
- Business Development: Develop new strategies, programs or service offerings to expand Midwest Region’s participation in relevant markets. Identify opportunities for growth by working directly with both prospective and existing customers. Implement and execute action plans to create market growth, penetration, or expansion into new emerging markets. Work closely with internal departments to support business development goals and objectives.
- Customer Satisfaction: Support all customer satisfaction targets by maintaining a thorough knowledge of the specific marketplace and successfully integrating information into timely price, service, and equipment packages that provide value to customers. Ensure effective collaboration with other teams to support all customer satisfaction goals.
- Effective Teamwork: Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to address opportunities and solve issues by utilizing problem solving skills.
- Account Management: Manage the day-to-day account activities and facilitate the coordination of internal resources to ensure a positive customer experience. Develop and maintain strategic customer action plans that improve Midwest Region's penetration of the customer's transportation portfolio and contribute to Midwest Region’s forecasted financial goals.
- Financial Targets: Achieve revenue, profitability, volume targets for assigned accounts and/or markets.
- Communication: Ensure effective written and oral communication internally and externally. Communicate effectively to develop customer driven pricing strategies to meet internal objectives and customers' needs. Maximize collaboration within Marketing and Sales and cross departmentally to ensure quality performance.
- Negotiation: Work cross-departmentally to develop and offer prices to customers that are market based. Develop, negotiate, and implement agreements for new and existing customers.
- Forecasting: Provide accurate and insightful input for annual and quarterly carload and revenue budgets.
- Laddering Strategy: Ability to navigate both local & corporate relationships to identify decision makers. Lead the internal and external engagement of Genesee & Wyoming executives with an account base by establishing appropriate top-to-top relationships where needed.
- Proficient sales, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Ability to manage extended and complex projects by setting and achieving milestones to a final work product.
- 8 - 10 years (s) experience in railroad marketing and sales
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 7 years experience in railroad marketing and sales
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States