Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager of Network Pricing supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Managers of Network Pricing conduct unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
- Set team direction, resolve problems and provide guidance to members of own team
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influence or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Perform complex conceptual analyses
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Authorize deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provide explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivate and inspire other team members
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency with SQL
- Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory experience
- Project management experience
- Intermediate or greater level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Intermediate level of proficiency MS Access or similar database applications
- Knowledge of Hospital Pricing Model (HPM), Physician Pricing Model (PPM), and Unit Cost Reporting Tool (UCRT)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: pricing, network pricing, SQL, Access, analytics, data, hospital pricing, facility pricing, ancillary pricing, physician, financial modeling, management, supervisor, project management, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Cypress, CA, California, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Shelton, CT, Connecticut, Denver, CO, Colorado