Job ID 37705
Position Location US-FL-North Fort Myers
Facility Name North Fort Myers, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category Social Services
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in N. Ft. Myers, FL.
The Manager of Social Services is responsible for management of the Social Services Department in a manner, which exemplifies Consulate Health Care’s standard of operational excellence. As a Consulate Health Manager of Social Services, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan and organize, the operation of the Social Services department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Manager of Social Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing services to respond to the emotional needs of the residents and their families. You will also assist with resident admissions and the referral process. No direct supervisory function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws, standards of practice, etc., necessary for complying with current standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in maintaining quality social service.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Executive Director.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the resident and family to review policies on advances directives, resident rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by resident/family needs.
- Assist residents, as needed, with financial planning.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Keep the resident’s family informed of resident problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
- Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals.
Education, Credentials and Experience
Prefer current license/certification in the state of practice.
Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience as a Social Worker or related field, in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
One (1) year experience in long-term preferred.
Must demonstrate the ability to assess resident needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process. Must possess knowledge of accreditation standard and compliance requirements.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients