Department:OH1NA_75001_000 Mcna - Central Sterile Process
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
The Manager of Sterile Processing functions in the spirit of teamwork with other hospital and center staff members to facilitate the daily operations of the sterile processing area of the Surgical Care Center. The statements contained herein reflect the general expectations and duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the expectations or work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
- Maintains 24 hour accountability for supervision of the Sterile Processing areas.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, training, development, and retention of effective and efficient staff in the Sterile Processing areas.
- Mentors, coaches, evaluates, and disciplines staff in the Sterile Processing areas.
- Assures that appropriate staff is assigned to designated areas according to service levels on a daily basis.
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of annual budgets and contracts for designated areas.
- Monitors cost-effective use of human and material resources in designated areas.
- Achieves and maintains productivity standards.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies, procedures, and protocols for designated areas based on Sterile Processing standards of care, regulatory and legislative standards, organizational quality objectives, safety and risk management standards, and optimal patient outcomes
- Manages risk and safety issues in designated areas.
- Associate's Degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. IAHCSMM managerial certification required in lieu of degree.
- IAHCSMM technical certification required after 6 months.
- Five years progressively challenging lead, supervisor or management experience. Five years experience working in sterile processing or related field requiring knowledge of sterile environments and/or microbiology.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.