What makes this a one of kind opportunity? We have more than 12,000 technology colleagues serving the IT needs of our clients across the globe and our own Fortune 6 IT needs. At Optum, you'll be encouraged to combine your passion and technical expertise to help us shape the health care system for years to come. You'll help change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology across a wide platform of health services and delivery systems by setting team goals, forecasting resource needs and guiding solutions developed to solve business and operational challenges. If you're out to make a difference, apply today.
The Manager of Infrastructure Technology is responsible for leading teams of engineers and administrators to allow timely project delivery of infrastructure based initiatives and operational maintenance of all systems within the enterprise. Maintain Service levels as outlined by management and insure high uptime of critical tier 1 applications.
- Analyzes technical problems, develops problem resolution options, makes technical decisions, and coordinates staff activities in response to daily operational issues so to provide the highest level of infrastructure availability and stability
- Manages outstanding work lists, establishes work priorities, and develops and implements project plans for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of specified infrastructure systems
- Design and implement tactical plans to ensure the technical infrastructure will meet existing and future requirements
- Participates in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the division’s leadership team
- Develops and manages the implementation and evolution of technology standards, policies, and procedures consistent with industry trends and best practices
- Defines hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders
- Collaborates with management and enterprise architecture teams on driving innovation throughout the company
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts
- Prepares RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts
- Negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services
- Assists in the development and management of departmental budgets to ensure the efficient use of all corporate resources and assets
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Senior Management on industry best practices
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities
- Directs and administrates a contingent of infrastructure personnel. Writes and conducts staff evaluations, develops and implements performance plans, and mentors and provides overall guidance to staff
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Translate technology operational needs into business context.
- Any issues and risk must be communicated in a timely manner to Senior Management Critical Thinking Skills
- Assimilate information and provide dashboard view of critical components to Senior Management
- Look for and identify trends, single points of failure and perform root cause analysis to proactively eliminate potential defects
- Maintain an organized inventory of assets and create and maintain infrastructure blueprints
- Collaborate effectively with other Management and Project Teams to order to achieve department goals
The complexity of this role can be challenging. It takes a commitment to drive and manage high-quality execution, operational excellence and delivery of technology solutions that meet critical business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field required (6 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree).
- 5+ years of progressive related experience managing personnel of one or more technical areas: Server and Data Center Administration, Network, Telecommunications, and Security Administration, Client Computing Administration and Help Desk Services
- 5+ years technical experience with servers - including but not limited to: VMWare, Microsoft Server-Based OS, VDI
- 1+ years of technical experience with storage technologies including but not limited to: EMC, Hitachi, Compellent
- 1+ years of technical experience with security technologies such as: Active Directory
- 1+ years of technical experience with application layer including but not limited to: VMWare VSphere & VDI
- Solid working knowledge of one or more areas of Infrastructure
- Excellent project management skills
- Available location San Antonio, TX (no telecommute)
- Project Management certification and/or Six Sigma Black Belt experience
- 7+ years of performing, managing, and/or directing in 2 or more infrastructure technical components
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.