Department:OH1HS_69526_000 PFS CBO Management
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Our Manager Patient Accounting- Manager, Patient Accounting is directly responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, managing and coordinating for the assigned area of Claims Processing, Support Services, Collections or Customer Service.
- Develops supports and monitors work flow processes assuring timely, efficient, and accurate collection of accounts receivable.
- Manages employee performance in such activities as: updates position descriptions, hires, appraises, trains, schedules, meets, develops, and terminates in accordance with Human Resources policy and procedure.
- Establishes, analyzes, monitors, and responds to statistical reports related to productivity and standards of work.
- Develops implements, maintains, and monitors departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with employees, as well as internal and external customers related to departmental operations.
- Maintains and manages use of departmental automated systems.
- Develops, submits, and monitors annual budgets.
- Participates in the development of patient accounting goals and objectives, develops action plans to support the goals, and is accountable for meeting the goals.
- Coordinates sub-department activity with all other areas within patient accounting to assure continuity and the most effective accounts receivable processes.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Health Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Minimum of five years' experience in health care in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage accounts receivable and manage staff in a multi-facility central business office with knowledge of the revenue cycle including billing, follow-up, and collections.
- Knowledge of laws governing admitting, billing and credit and collections.
- Demonstrates knowledge to effectively utilize multi-facility systems in the management of accounts receivable.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us. Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.