You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Specialty Home Infusion. Here you'll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your pharmacy career greater with OptumRx? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. As a pharmacist on the Clinical and Pharmacy Operations team, you will perform various duties as it relates to therapy assessment, care planning and departmental communications to streamline efficiencies across the department.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and with moderate direction, the Pharmacy Manager will coordinate, direct and supervise pharmacy services (including preparation and dispensing of drugs, supplies and equipment, preparation of sterile products and clinical pharmacy services) for customers and patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations that govern the practice of pharmacy. The Pharmacy Manager has responsibility for the planning, directing, or coordinating pharmacy department staff.
- Supervises, schedules, and evaluates all clinical and supportive pharmacy personnel as it relates to the clinical services provided, sterile compounding, inventory control and purchasing
- Directs, coordinates and supervises all pharmacy activities including drug preparation, sterile product preparation, dispensing and clinical pharmacy services
- Ensures that all pharmacy operations, practices and procedures meet all licensing and standards requirements established by local, state and federal agencies as well as accrediting bodies (e.g. TJC, ACHC, URAC)
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy and intravenous therapy by reviewing the literature, attending in - services seminars and conferences
- Manages the procurement of drugs, supplies and equipment used in preparing and administering drugs
- Ensures the clinical services offered by the branch as they are related to both infusion and / or specialty services provided
- Ensures compliance with all controlled substances related rules, regulations, company policies and maintains proper communication and coordination with other departments and staff
- Develops policies and procedures, and assures compliance
- Leads branch Quality Management / Performance Improvement Program by reviewing data for quality / performance improvement measures and analyzes data reports, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for all aspects of Pharmacy licensure, as required by the multiple states in which the branch is licensed
- Ensures compliance to and education for all accreditation programs including The Joint Commission (TJC), ACHC, URAC, etc.
- Monitors for compliance with all HIPAA regulations, adherence to all State and Federal regulations and laws, accrediting bodies (TJC, URAC, etc.), adherence to all infusion pharmacy accepted standards of practice, responsible for handling complaints and / or grievance programs
- Responsible of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- BS Pharmacy or Pharm D
- Current, unrestricted Pharmacist license in AZ
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical pharmacy - i.e. health care system / hospital
- 3+ years managing pharmacy including leading staff and operations
- Experience with managing staff including hiring, developing / motivating and directing
- 2+ years IV or Home infusion experience
- Exceptional organizational, time - management skills working toward hard deadlines
- Working knowledge of processes related to sterile compounding to meet regulatory compliance requirements (USP 797 / USP 800 guidelines)
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills effective with multiple levels / professional disciplines as well as patients, families, staff and physicians
- Strong analytical skills (calculations, budgets, data reports)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacist, PIC, Pharmacist in Charge, Pharmacy Manager, Director of Pharmacy, RPh, Pharm D, Home Infusion, Infusion Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy, Homecare, Home Health, BriovaRx, AxelaCare, OptumRx, Chandler, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona