As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the Director of Pharmacy Operations and with moderate direction, this Supervisor will coordinate, direct and supervise pharmacy services (including preparation and dispensing of drugs, supplies and equipment, and clinical pharmacy services) for customers and patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations that govern the practice of pharmacy. The Pharmacy Supervisor has responsibility for the planning, directing, or coordinating of the pharmacy department.
- Serve as the Pharmacist in Charge of the location
- Supervises, schedules, and evaluates all clinical and supportive pharmacy personnel as it relates to the clinical services provided, inventory control and purchasing
- Directs, coordinates and supervises all pharmacy activities including drug preparation, dispensing and clinical pharmacy services
- Ensures that all pharmacy operations, practices and procedures meet all licensing and standards requirements established by local, state and federal agencies as well as accrediting bodies (e.g. TJC, ACHC, URAC)
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature, attending in-services seminars and conferences
- Oversees the procurement of drugs, supplies and equipment used in preparing and administering drugs
- Oversees the clinical services offered by the branch as they relate to specialty services provided
- Ensures compliance with all controlled substances related rules, regulations, company policies and maintains proper communication and coordination with other departments and staff
- Develops policies and procedures, and assures compliance with these
- Leads branch Quality Management / Performance Improvement Program by reviewing data for quality / performance improvement measures and analyzes data reports, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for all aspects of Pharmacy licensure, as required by the multiple states in which the branch is licensed
- Oversight including compliance to and education for all accreditation programs including The Joint Commission (TJC), ACHC, URAC, etc.
- Monitors for compliance with all HIPAA regulations, adherence to all State and Federal regulations and laws, accrediting bodies (TJC, URAC, etc.), responsible for handling complaints and/or grievance programs
- Provide oversight of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D
- Active unrestrictive pharmacy license in TN with ability to obtain KY within 1-3 months.
- Must possess both verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving skills
Working knowledge of processes related to sterile compounding to meet regulatory compliance requirements (USP 797 / USP 800 guidelines)
Must be able to coordinate, oversee and ensure on-call coverage (evenings and weekends); may also have to provide some backup coverage if needed
Ability to problem solve effectively with a variety of parties: patients, families, healthcare staff and physicians
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in the home infusion industry.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a management or leadership role
Experience as a pharmacist in various roles within Specialty Pharmacy
Active, unrestricted pharmacy licenses in Tennessee and Kentucky
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.