Careers with UnitedHealth Group allow you the opportunity to work at a large organization comprised of highly talented technical professionals who are solving problems and transforming the health care industry while helping people lead healthier lives.
As a leader within UnitedHealthcare Technology, Portfolio Management, you will bring your expertise, passion, energy and focus to work every day. If you strive to lead and enable significant change in both organizations and people's lives, this is the career for you! UnitedHealthcare Technology is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. And, this is where you will do your life's best work.(sm)
In this exciting role as a Manager, Portfolio Management - M&R, your expertise and strategic vision will provide the necessary leadership and accountability for the performance and direction to develop and execute strategies, provide guidance, resolve problems and have accountability for the change and innovation which will have a major impact on, not only the enterprise, but also the lives of millions.
The Manager, Portfolio Management role will partner with the business and technology teams to achieve organizational strategies and objectives through technology investments. The ideal candidate will provide leadership amongst the teams to ensure a successful transition from a proposed idea to delivery initiation, by infusing the concepts of agile methodologies and program management best practices into the overall portfolio management process to evaluate, prioritize and govern technology investments.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Please note - The preference would be for this position to sit in our Minnetonka, MN office.
- Understand the organization's strategic vision, product and financial strategies, business capabilities, key business metrics and technology imperatives
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to execute the portfolio strategy to achieve organization objectives, maximize value and optimize technology resources
- Manage the process to evaluate, prioritize and initiate technology investments
- Critically evaluate technology investments by aligning to organizational strategies, quantifying true-north value metrics and assessing availability of resource capacity
- Validate investment readiness by confirming inventory of groomed program backlogs with defined capabilities, features and user stories, establishing minimal viable product and aligning business partners with the appropriate program delivery teams
- Design and maintain metrics that provide visibility to business and technology stakeholders on the health of the overall portfolio, benefit realization, resource availability, groomed backlogs and delivery readiness
- Identify action required on the investment portfolio and formulate recommendations to business and technology stakeholders
- Ensure the involvement of key stakeholders in the portfolio management process
- Direct cross-functional teams, and be a change agent, fostering a “learn by doing” environment
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to business teams
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of Project Management (and/or Program Management) experience in a large, enterprise environment driving change
- 5+ years of professional Manager level experience in a large, matrixed enterprise environment, including experience directing virtual project teams
- 3+ years of experience with software development projects
- 3+ years of experience managing project teams of 10 or more people
- Experience in grooming a program backlog with defined capabilities, features, and user stories
- Understanding of Scaled Agile Framework and Agile management tools (e.g., Rally), inclusive of the basic fundamentals of iterative development/delivery
- Experience in health care benefit business
- Experience driving decisions and change across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with all levels of the organization up to and including executives
- Well-developed informal influence & persuasion skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using technology tools (Microsoft Office Suite) and experience with SharePoint or a similar collaboration tool
- Graduate Degree
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) implementation and delivery
- Financial management experience
- PPM Optics experience
- Medicaid managed care experience
- Experience in UnitedHealth Group
- Working knowledge of UnitedHealthcare/ Optum technology assets and how business and technology interact and operate together
- Big 4 or Professional Services Consulting experience
- Certifications in Agile, Lean, and/or Project Management
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: portfolio management, project management, program management, technology, software, SAFe, Agile, management, manager, lead, Medicaid, PMP, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Minnetonka, MN