DescriptionThe Manager, Provider Contracting initiates, negotiates, and executes physician and/or other provider contracts and agreements for an organization that provides health insurance. The Manager, Provider Contracting works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Provider Contracting communicates contract terms, payment structures, and reimbursement rates to providers. Analyzes financial impact of contracts and terms. Maintains contracts and documentation within a tracking system. May assist with identifying and recruiting providers based on network composition and needs. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- 3-4 years of progressive contracting experience
- Strong financial acumen with proficiency in analyzing and interpreting financial trends in the provider contracting arena
- Proven contract preparation skills, with an in-depth knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial products and other reimbursement methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting to varied audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years of management experience including supervising and team building preferred
- Experience with ACO/Risk Contracting
- Value based contracting experience
- Strong project management skills
Will work 3 days per week in the Tampa office with 2 days in the field/WAH. Will lead a team of 8 professionals.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40