Department:OH110_12500_000 Respiratory Care Mcsa
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our Respiratory Managers support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Respiratory Manager directly oversees all personnel in the Respiratory Services Department. Shares responsibility for the quality of patient care provided by Respiratory Services. Designates a Therapist to be In-Charge during times of absence. The Supervisor provides planning, organizing, staffing, directing and coordinating of the scope of services originating from the Respiratory Services Department in addition to coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental functionality. Collaborates with the Medical Director/Advisor of Respiratory Services as appointed by the Department of Medicine in aspects of respiratory care relating to the physician activities. Works collaboratively with physicians in developing programs and patient care services. Maintains confidentiality in all situations involving Mount Carmel Health System, customers, associates and stakeholders.
- Supervision: Provides leadership and direction for associates in performance of their duties. Assists in developing and sustaining policies and procedure. Observes therapists; evaluating efficiency, skills, abilities and behavior toward co-workers and patients. Completes annual appraisals for all associates. Meets regularly with the Director and other members of the management team.
- Resource Management: Assists in the development and implementation of plans, goals and policies for the resource management of the shift, consistent with those of the department. Reviews workload and assign personnel accordingly. Monitors and evaluates the resource utilization and productivity of personnel. May assist in the preparation of payroll. The shift manager may assist in preparation and maintenance of departmental schedules while assuring proper staffing of the shift.
- Performance Improvement: In accordance with the system-wide and departmental performance improvement initiatives; assists in monitoring, evaluating, reporting and improving the quality of service originating from the department. Makes recommendations and gives input on all departmental performance improvement initiatives. Assures customer service complaints are followed up in a timely manner. Investigate incidents as requested.
- Communication: Establishes and maintains strong, positive relationships with the patients/ families, departmental staff, medical staff, public and other Mount Carmel departments. Fosters an environment that ensures the department has the information necessary to function optimally
- Education: Bachelors of Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy or related field preferred. Graduate from a 2 or 4 year Respiratory Therapist Program
- Licensure / Certification: RRT and Ohio RCP
- Experience: 5-8 years in critical care required
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, decision making, ability to generate and implement ideas and innovations in a patient-oriented Respiratory Services department
- Ability to apply experience, analysis, intuition, and communication skills in maintaining the quality of services and monitoring the performance of respiratory therapy testing , being accountable for all shift functions
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.