PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To contribute to the achievement of company and department goals through the compilation and review of the financial statements. Compliance with all accounting policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley requirements is expected.
- Manage Restaurant Accounting to ensure all Sales and General Ledger deadlines are met and operations invoice are timely processed for payment.
- Lead restaurant accounting team toward a strong commitment to customer service and personal development.
- Review operating statements and balance sheets each period to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Review bank reconciliation's each period to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure Staff Accountants have been trained thoroughly by Senior Accountants. Provide direction and leadership for Senior Accountants.
- Work with and motivate Senior Accountants and Staff Accountants to perform up to their highest possible level of ability. Perform midyear reviews and annual performance appraisals.
- Assist Region FP &A in the preparation and review of the annual budgets.
- Maintain an attitude that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description.
- Communicate openly and honestly with subordinates, superiors and all others about plans, progress and problems.
- Manage in accordance with established policies and procedures to comply with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Set an example by maintaining an excellent working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in the performance of all processes of accounting. Acts as the department leader whenever the Director of Restaurant Accounting is out.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- 3-5 years multi-unit retail experience.
- 5-7 years overall accounting experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in restaurant or multi-unit retail systems.
- Proficient in interviewing and testing staff accountant or assistant applicants.
- Successfully performed midyear reviews and annual performance appraisals.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively with people inside and outside the organization, including auditors and vendors.
- Organized and supervised accounting staff to function efficiently to produce accurate and timely reports and information.
- Has effectively trained team members.
- Plays a strong leadership role through complete knowledge of all aspects of the business and an active involvement in reaching objectives.
- Has demonstrated positive leadership skills and a commitment to company objectives.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES: Ability to work in Oracle.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: This position has hiring authority at the clerk/staff level.
DIRECT REPORTS: This position has 2-4 direct reports.