Position Summary<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The Senior Practice Manager will coordinate the daily administrative and clinical operations of multiple cost centers and/or providers. The position requires knowledge of office routines, programs and processes needed to efficiently and effectively manage the practice. The Practice Manager is responsible for financial management, personnel management, reporting preparation and review, serving as a physician liaison, maintaining facilities and equipment, managing patient relations, and participating in self development activities. They will be involved in recruitment coordination, orientation and onboarding schedule for all new hires according to system process.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. They must have the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization and community. Must be able to problem solve, multi task and utilize critical thinking skills effectively. Have willingness to accept change, new processes and methods for continuous improvement to ensure quality and efficient operations.
Education Bachelor Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration. Master Degree in Healthcare administration preferred. Eight years physician office manager experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
Experience Three years practice or billing manager experience required in Health Care. Five years practice or billing manager experience preferred.
Core Job Responsibilities
Will be responsible for local billing operations oversight and requires knowledge of CPT and ICD10.
- Daily oversight of billing; providing feedback to providers as needed in specific areas.
- Ensures staff understands Medicare, Medicaid and any other regulations that impact department.
- Coordinates any revisions to the Charges as appropriate. Work with PBS on denial management.
- Ensures compliance with charging and billing activity.
- Monitor daily transactions and reports for productions and collections and daily deposits
Responsible for maintaining work schedule for providers.
Responsible for communicating the organizational financial status to associates (including providers) on a monthly basis.
Responsible for communicating Strategic Plan and goals to assure establishment and effective communication of strategies and goals. Provide staff support and develops action plans for obtaining goals.
Will link mission/vision/values to everyday work for employees by setting expectations, adjusting priorities as circumstances change.
Creates an atmosphere of continuous learning; provides training needed for staff to be successful.
Establishes formal means of accountability from those to whom he/she assigns duties. Ensures all associates are given regular, timely feedback on performance with appropriate consequences for good and poor performance.
- Establish a business climate that will ensure success of the practice and organization's business. Can respond and execute swiftly with sound reasoning when making decisions that will have impact on the group as a whole.
- Maintains visibility at practice locations; gets out among the associates and providers.
- Directs the business and financial affairs of the practice by employing a system of accountability to ensure responsible fiscal management including accounting, budgeting, internal controls, and timely reporting.
- Ensures that all activities of the practice is in compliance with all federal and state statutes.
- Represents the organization in its relationships with community businesses and civic associations, government agencies, and professional organizations.
- Completes ongoing/new projects as assigned by Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: ROC- Regional Outpatient Center