Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Manage a global team of 15-20 Client Account Specialists (CAS)
- Daily resource management including attendance, scheduling, administration, cross training, recruiting, coaching, employee development planning, disciplinary action and performance management
- Maintain and develop relationships with internal partners and external customers
- Understand and monitor the operational procedures of all accounts in an assigned book of business and direct team members to coordinate, communicate, produce, and deliver timely and quality responses to the client
- Participate in and lead the team in managing the needs of assigned client payers
- Develop and improve processes to deliver for clients
- Coordinate projects within the team to meet the goals and objectives of an assigned book of business
- Develop and deliver timely and accurate invoices and reports
- Manage outstanding AR
- Ensure accurate and current client information is maintained and shared with all team members
- Understand and train team members on the concepts of all LOB’s, processing and how to review and understand reports
- Assist the Director of Client Services on delivering on contractual obligations to our clients and meeting internal business objectives
- Monitor the goals and expectations of the team, while assisting the department in reaching their overall goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in health insurance claims adjudication and healthcare funding methodologies
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience managing 5+ direct reports
- Experience managing in a production or quota driven environment
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send, and save documents, correspondence and spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Assist in the onboarding of new clients
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Claims, Customer Service, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Supervisory, healthcare, administrative