DescriptionThe Manager, Software Engineering codes software applications based on business requirements. The Manager, Software Engineering works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
Humana is seeking an IT Manager that will support Humana's value proposition by providing leadership and direction for IT teams. They manage the work of their team, overseeing estimates, commitments, resource allocation, application lifecycles, and budgets. They also lead the people on their team, helping each team member develop and grow personally and professionally.
• Lead their team to build and refine estimates for proposed or assigned work and capabilities to be delivered by their area.
• Define, track, and report delivery commitments, including description, date, and dependencies, to the project managers and other stakeholders.
• Manage the life cycle for each technology or application owned by the team, and factor this information into estimates, commitments, and roadmaps.
• Manage the architectural and related documentation for each technology or application owned by the team, ensuring that the documentation is current and adequate.
• Implement IT strategies as applicable, such as DevOps or Operational Readiness.
• Ensure that the work of their team meets standards for quality.
• Develop and execute quality and satisfaction action plans as necessary.
• Manage the budgets for their team (operating and subarea).
• Know and manage the Total Cost of Ownership for any technology or application owned by their team.
• Manage and develop the talent on their team, including engagement, well-being, and IDP creation, refining, and execution, with the goal of building and maintaining a high-performing team.
• Serve as the point of contact for project managers (PMs), program managers (PgMs), and business technology leaders (BTLs) that interact with their team.
II’d like to add the following here
Specifically, you will be one of the managers in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) IT group. This area deals with the development, enhancement and technical operation of various technologies that support the fast growing area of process automation within Humana, including Workfusion, Automation Anywhere, Winbatch and .NET based custom applications. Implementation of such automations span multiple systems and business areas across the company, and cover attended and unattended execution, along with advanced techniques such as machine learning. This is seen as a vital area in securing operational efficiencies within the company. We are continuously looking at opportunities to automate and keep a close watch on related products entering the market.
We are seeking a confident, technically able IT Manager to help further our automation journey, and to join with his partner managers to lead our teams to success. We expect you to be a leader in both business and technical perspectives. The ideal candidate would be someone that has a background in Process Automation, especially in technologies such as Workfusion, Automation Anyware, Blue Prism etc., however an otherwise technically strong manager will also be considered if they can demonstrate a strong background in full lifecycle development management, solid leadership and communication skills, and a desire to succeed in this existing space.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
• Directly applicable IT experience
• Knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years experience in Information Technology
• Strong leadership skills and ability to get results
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
• Prior experience in the health solutions industry
• Experience with resource management and managing direct reports (matrixed or direct reports)
• Experience with complex technical environments
• Experience in Process Automation
• Experience in Automation software such as WorkFusion, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, Pega etc.
• Experience in Machine Learning
• Experience or knowledge of the Agile methodology
You will have 25+ direct reports, and you will report to a Technology Director. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40