If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work. (sm)
The Manager, Specialty Clinical Programs is a subject matter expert position that will assume day-to-day responsibilities of managing the specialty clinical programs, and developing and operationalizing specialty clinical programs to successfully drive the OptumRx/BriovaRx collaboration initiatives and to increase marketability of our Specialty clinical programs in support of business growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilize hands-on clinical expertise toward the development, operationalization and maintenance of specialty clinical programs and initiatives
- Support the Director of Specialty Programs in molding creative solutions for clients, and quickly ideating and executing on strategies even where strategies may not currently exist
- Support specialty business development in developing clinical programmatic responses to RFPs and advancing the clinical capabilities within specialty for the organization
- Proficiency in the specialty pharmacy value story, and support of the sales process representing clinical in finalist presentations, and other strategic client meetings as needed
- Create an enterprise-wide suite of specialty clinical programs based on understanding of clinical issues and needs (e.g., medication adherence program, discharge medication reconciliation) to meet the increasing demands from Optum-sister segments
- Collaborate closely with the Optum-sister segments and other internal departments (Product Strategy, Specialty Pharmacy, Client Management, Business Development, Industry Relations, Specialty Marketing) to provide guidance on development, facilitation, and execution of Specialty clinical offerings to ensure alignment with enterprise standards and practices as well as to support business growth and client retention
- Leverage expertise in clinical programs development and implementation to effectively identify and engage key stakeholders to support OptumRx growth objectives
- Serve as the clinical advisor for accreditation requirements related to specialty clinical management programs
- Evaluate the opportunity and feasibility of new specialty clinical offerings.
- Oversee other clinical pharmacists’ work supporting BriovaRx clinicians and non-clinicians and other BriovaRx initiatives
- Directly manage other clinical team members’ design and ensure quality and accuracy of client reports, to assess clinical and financial benefits of Specialty clinical programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Active, unrestricted Pharmacist license
- Pharm D degree preferred, or BS in Pharmacy
- 5+ years of clinical pharmacist experience
- 1+ years of leadership or supervisory experience
- Conversational and proficient in clinical discussions related to key specialty disease states such as: HepC, Rheumatoid Arthritis, MS, HIV, Onco.
- Experience assessing data related to various clinical conditions
- Balance of business, process, operations, or product experience - able to convert clinical knowledge into programmatic solutions and drive teams to results.
- Proficient skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Advanced degree preferably in business (MBA, MHA, MS, etc)
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly changing, growing environment
- Clinical program development experience from inception to implementation
- Experience within managed care, PBM or Health plan
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency Program
- Experience building products, solutions, or PBM programs
- Experience responding to drug information inquiries
- Experience measuring results of clinical programs
Up to 50%
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.