PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Support and help manage the enterprise-wide Project Management Office (PMO), which includes evaluating, on-boarding and tracking approved brand-level and shared services (Inspire Brands-level) projects. Scope includes supporting the on-boarding of integration-related projects as acquisition integration plans are developed.
- Support multi-level strategic planning process for each brand and for the Inspire Brands shared services organization. The strategic initiatives that result from the process will lead to:
- Current year and future PMO projects
- Assumptions to inform brand-level, long-range plan model
- Assumptions to inform consolidated, long-range plan model
- Track and report progress towards value creation synergy opportunities in collaboration with the Corporate and Brand Finance teams.
- Support the Director, Strategic Planning and PMO in the management of multi-brand, multi-level Business Strategy and PMO department. Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating / building financial decision-making support for projects in the strategic planning and enterprise PMO organization.
- Leading reporting and analysis activities related to individual projects and project portfolios.
- Communicating with cross functional teams.
- Supporting team development.
- Ensure that PMO updates are provided to the Inspire and Brand Executive Teams monthly and issues, along with recommended solutions, are escalated as needed.
- Implement project management tools to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the PMO.
- Coordinate the financial analysis of strategic initiatives, provide process guidance to initiative leaders, develop and maintain / automate tracking templates, and support the annual strategic planning process.
- Role will require significant coordination with brand leadership in Marketing, Operations, Development, as well as with Treasury, Finance and Accounting; and require coordination of FP&A and PM resources.
- Scope includes on-boarding integration-related projects as acquisition integration plans are developed.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure that approved projects are captured correctly in AOP and quarterly forecasts.
- Support brand leadership and finance teams with tools, approaches and analysis for significant projects including potential areas such as:
- Development related initiatives: Remodel prioritization and new restaurant development.
- Restaurant portfolio management initiatives: Restaurant acquisitions and strategic sale transactions as well as closure mitigation alternatives for under-performing restaurants.
- Market optimization frameworks and strategy for company and franchisee markets -- provide support to brands and brand finance teams.
- Prepare detailed analysis and summary outputs for use by internal management and the BOD for decision-making.
- Track and report progress on a monthly basis towards value creation synergy opportunities in collaboration with the Corporate and Brand Finance teams.
- Prepare accurate financial models to project returns on anticipated restaurant development, multi-year corporate initiatives, capital expenditures, and brand growth plans.
- Help, as needed, to coordinate PM staffing resources for multi-brand organization.
- Prepare various "ad-hoc" analyses as requested by management.
- Prepare presentations related to strategic plans and PMO for the Board as well as internal Senior Management (AOP, forecasts, quarterly BOD presentations, etc.). Present to these audiences as appropriate. Ensure the accuracy of all information and confirm that outputs meet our very high standards.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, strategy, or a related field.
- Preferred: Advanced education in strategic planning and / or project management.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Strategy.
- Required: 5+ years of relevant work experience including business strategy, project management, financial / project analysis and / or FP&A experience.
- Strongly preferred: Prior project management, strategic planning, consulting and / or investment banking experience.
- Preferred: Restaurant/retail experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Strong track record as a proven leader.
- Excellent executive presence with outstanding analytical and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of project management tools.
- Strong finance, project / capital assessment, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to operate with competing priorities, often with considerable time constraints.
- Preferred: Experience with relational databases including Oracle and Access.
- Strongly preferred: Experience with Business Intelligence analysis and presentation tools, including Tableau, Power BI and SharePoint.
- Process decisions
- Subordinate responsibility delegation
- Strategic initiative recommendation support
- Responsible for 0-1 direct reports
- Total organization of 3-4 employees