DescriptionThe Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering is responsible for designing and implementing all or part of the organization's complex telecommunications infrastructure in line with pre-identified business needs and requirements. The Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering may support of one or more of the following: the PBX infrastructure, Voice over IP, IVR, voicemail services, wireless devices, call routing technologies, Audio/Video conferencing, WebEx, and related telephony services. The complex infrastructure may include multiple technologies from multiple vendors, such as CISCO Unified Communications or Nortel/Avaya configurations, and others. This position employs recognized best practices to minimize unplanned service outages and maintain facility availability. This position may coordinate with other IT functional areas on systems upgrades or modifications, to minimize disruptions. This position troubleshoots more complex problems that have escalated within the telecommunications function. This position may lead teams of telecommunications professionals involved in the design of complex configurations or in the evaluation and administration of the telecommunications system. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field;
- 5 or more years of network and/or telecom management experience, preferably in a very large enterprise;
- Demonstrated strength in troubleshooting complex infrastructure incidents and problems;
- Experience managing telco carrier vendors; Strong operational controls background
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Prior experience in the health solutions industry
- Experience with resource management and managing direct reports (matrixed or direct reports)
You will have 8-15 direct reports, and you will report to a Technology Director. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40