We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lewin Group is a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 45 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of human services consulting, The Lewin Group provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Lewin has more than 300 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a strong commitment to Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision and dedication to client satisfaction.
The Lewin Group provides research and consulting services including program planning and development, implementation services, and post-implementation analytics and evaluation to assist the federal government in designing programs that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
Managing Consultants direct and manage the planning, design and implementation of projects. They serve as the primary client contact for methodological and technical expertise and translate client needs and/or objectives into speciﬁc deliverables in a timely and cost-efﬁcient manner. Managing Consultants ensure that all research projects are conducted with sound methods and approaches. Successful candidates will have significant research experience in the specific content area, experience in business development, grant or proposal writing, and program evaluation. Managing Consultants also serve as a supervisor to junior staff.
Directing and managing large projects or a series of smaller projects
Responsibility for project budget management, deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision
Managing several direct reports
Advanced quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. with a minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience in healthcare research and/or policy analysis, program evaluation and design and/or health care consulting experience
- 7+ years of experience managing mid-largescale projects including staff, budget and subcontractor management, timelines, deliverables and client management experience or 5+ years working with federal or state health policy and programs and/or clients
- Expertise in any of the following areas: policy analysis, program evaluation, program integrity, informatics, strategic planning and process improvement
- Proficient in leading cross-functional project teams
- Proven client engagement and development skills, including federal and/or state clientele
- Proven business development experience, including leading proposals and/or grants
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: consultant, consulting, healthcare, health care, policy, research, analysis, analytics, project management, program, planning, Falls Church, VA, Virginia, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota