At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
This Managing Counsel position will lead the team to provide legal support for the business activities of Real Estate Banking, Homebuilder Banking, Hospitality Finance, Senior Housing Finance, Real Estate Merchant Banking, Manufactured Home Communities, Real Estate Capital Markets, Commercial Mortgage Servicing, Multifamily Capital, REIT Finance, Community Lending and Investment, and Wholesale ORE. Duties include collaborating with other leaders and subject matter experts in the Legal Department to advance and coordinate effective legal support for those areas, taking into account Company and Legal Department goals. Serving as a legal advisor to senior business and staff leaders of those areas, providing legal, strategic planning, and risk management advice. Participating as a contributing member in business and risk management committees. Following and ensuring consistent application of Company and Legal Department policies and procedures, including the management of outside counsel.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- Business development experience including development and execution of business vision, strategies, and goals
- Leadership and management experience for team of attorneys and staff with a section or legal specialty including developing virtual staff and managing a budget
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships within and across business lines at all levels of the organization
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to make complex decisions
- Some knowledge of federal regulations applicable to the commercial real estate lending, servicing and investment activities of national banks, including FIRREA, FDPA and Regulation B
- Ability to manage complex business transactions and develop effective, influential and trusted relationships with business leaders, colleagues, and outside counsel
- Capable of adapting quickly to a changing environment while building relationships and negotiating for desired outcomes
- Experience representing large, complex organizations providing general legal advice and support for risk and regulatory issues
- Adept at development and execution of vision, strategies and goals to achieve corporate objectives
- Ability to make sound decisions in difficult situations, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiating skills
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.