DescriptionThe Market Development Professional 2 provides support to assigned health plan and/or specialty companies relative to Medicare/Medicaid/TRICARE product implementation, operations, contract compliance, and federal contract application submissions. The Market Development Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Market Development Professional 2 serves as the primary resource on regulations for all assigned health plans. Ensures that assigned health plans are meeting or exceeding corporate Medicare/Medicaid/TRICARE performance benchmarks. Maintains relationships with regulators within a region. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced insurance or health care setting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience implementing and measuring success on complex health-related initiatives and pilots
- Strategic thinker with ability to work independently
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Process-focused, with ability to leverage and enhance existing processes
- Knowledge of Humana's internal policies, procedures and systems
- Master's Degree in Business, Public Health or related field
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma
- Proficient with MS Access, Visio and MS Project
Scheduled Weekly Hours40