BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is in growth mode and this position is an opportunity to play an integral role in our expansion! As an initial member of a newly created team, the Market Development Strategy Lead will develop the strategy for market and club expansion and lead cross-functional teams to bring those strategies to life. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for utilizing data, research and critical thinking to develop and lead the execution of growth strategies. This role will have significant exposure to the c-suite.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Research and evaluate new potential markets, develop market specific game plans and create new club concepts
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring vision to reality and serve as the lead on the development and execution of a new club playbook
- Diagnose underperforming clubs and markets within our existing club base. Create actionable strategies/plans and lead cross-functional responses
- Research major competitors; develop perspective and actionable plans based on findings
- Analyze data to evaluate club and market performance, leveraging tools including:
- Member data
- Field and desk research
- Other competitive information
- Take raw data and synthesize it into actionable insights and conclusions
- Tell the story - develop Executive level presentations that synthesize complex topics into cohesive, succinct presentations
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis to support leadership requests and board level reporting
- MBA required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and develop strategic plans
- Ability to utilize large, complex data sets
- Experience with analytical tools
- Experience with analytic platforms such as Alteryx and visualization tools such as Tableau, preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Ability to oversee multiple projects both from a leadership and execution perspective
- Ability to lead and influence
- Strong presentation building (PowerPoint), written and oral communication skills (for presentations to executive team)
- Management/Strategy consulting highly preferred
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.