At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Job Description Information:
The Digital and Automated Investing (D&AI) Team of Wells Fargo Advisors, a division of Wealth & Investment Management, is a leader in integrated financial management and provides customized service to its clients. The Digital and Automated Investing mandate is to drive long-term growth by attracting next-generation clients and new types of investors with competitive and compelling offerings, while helping the full service business move upmarket by enabling segmentation among existing clients.
The Business Development Team is an integral part of the Digital & Automated Investing team within Wells Fargo Advisors, and is responsible for client growth and acquisition of the direct investing business, WellsTrade and Intuitive Investor, and partners with lines of business across the enterprise to support their clients’ investing needs.
The D&AI Business Development Consultant will manage partnerships within the Wells Fargo enterprise, including the Deposits Group and Home Lending, on behalf of WFA Digital and Automated Investing; this role will identify key growth opportunities, execute initiatives, and monitor and enhance distribution performance by channel to capture those opportunities in a customer-centric and compliant manner.
- Collaborate with enterprise partners, including the Deposits Group and Home Lending, to identify direct investing growth opportunities, prioritizing and leading key initiatives to implement and capture those opportunities
- In partnership with the applicable teams, ensure thorough communications, processes and trainings are developed and delivered
- Build strong relationships with these partners to gain a full understanding of the client experience and then partner to deliver an improved onboarding experience, where appropriate.
- Monitor and enhance distribution performance by channel; continuously analyzing conversion data in an effort to establish trends and quickly identify new opportunities.
- Where appropriate, work to establish referral agreements, define referral process that creates a mutually positive experience, and define economic agreements. Ensure partners are fully educated and trained on WFA’s direct investing products using a customer-centric approach to ensure understanding of how each of the offerings meet the needs of our clients.
- Partner closely with product/business owners and Marketing to develop both a short-term and long-term growth strategy and successfully execute on its distribution efforts to these groups.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, sales, or financial consulting
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of brokerage or wealth management experience
- Business development experience
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to identify, understand, and analyze growth opportunities based on market potential
- Ability to implement strategies
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to deliver results with speed and agility
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex issues
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.