Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011. LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
The Veteran Services Market Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and servicing a high quality, marketable and satisfied provider network within an assigned geographic area. Key responsibilities include recruitment and contracting, education and servicing of assigned providers. The Market Manager helps assigned providers operate successfully within our healthcare delivery model by providing strategic planning and tools to meet goals. This position is expected to build and sustain strong working relationships with cross functional departments, vendors, local sales, and assigned providers. The Market Manager is accountable for overall performance and profitability for their assigned groups as well as ownership and oversight to provide redirection as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain lasting provider/practitioner relationships
- Manage urgent market needs and shift priorities per contract and location by working within all levels of multiple organizations in order to utilize/maximize resources and capabilities to effectively support customer needs
- Create, manage and oversee new or unique service delivery models to meet contract requirements as well as a variety of fee schedules and agreements of varied provider network solutions
- Successfully transition these solutions into operations by working closely with the necessary departments
- Manage escalated issues
- Locate, contract, staff and maintain fixed facilities to meet customer needs
- Establish and coordinate ancillary services which are not available in fixed facilities or mobile solutions and deploy mobile solutions when necessary
- Travel within authorized budget in support of market and customer needs
- Provide oversight of block scheduling Specialists, Contracting Specialists and Relations Specialists in their assigned regions
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure orders are available from customers for their assigned markets, allowing maximization of provider resources and profitability of fixed locations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience with customer relationship management, such as account management, sales, contracting, provider relations/provider service, network management, etc. (equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered)
- Understanding of contract and order acquisition process
- Basic proficiency with standard Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to travel nationally up to 25%
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Medical, dental or healthcare insurance experience
- Customer-focused with strong listening skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate through use of verbal, written and interpersonal means with a diverse group of people/disciplines at all levels of an organization
- Ability to map and understand buying processes in complex organizations
- Ability to apply creative thinking to source appropriate solutions to problems
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities and in making work related decisions
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health care, healthcare, military, veterans, VA, network management, provider relations, contracting, account management, relationship management, travel, national, La Crosse, Wisconsin, WI