DescriptionThe Market President, Care Delivery assumes responsibilities of financial performance, clinic operations, patient attraction/growth and retention, utilization management, clinic margin performance and cost control initiatives for a defined geographic region containing patient care clinics. The Market President, Care Delivery requires a in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across segments and/or enterprise-wide.
Role: Market President Care Delivery Organization - Houston
Assignment: Partners in Primary Care
Location: Houston Area
Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Humana, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Be a part of the Care Delivery Organization providing senior focused primary care thru our owned clinic and contracted physician relationships.
Care Delivery is seeking a Market President to manage the Houston area. This role is responsible for developing a detailed market strategy, which aligns to the overall goals of the Care Delivery Organization. We are seeking an individual who will bring exceptional leadership and vision, assume broad responsibility for staff leadership across business and clinical operations within the market, and form key relationships with physicians, specialists, hospital networks and health plans within the Houston area. This role will also work cross-functionally with corporate leaders across the Organization.
In this role you will:
- Assume responsibility for the financial performance (P & L) of the Houston market including membership growth and retention, clinic margin performance and cost control initiatives
- Develop strategic relationships with health plan payers in the market with sensitivity to potential partnership & growth opportunities
- Ensure successful execution of attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining organizational talent.
- Lead medical center operations consistent with programs that optimize best practices in patient care to enhance overall patient experience.
- Drive overall market performance thru oversight of: clinical staffing, clinical coding initiatives, Hedis/Star gap closure and utilization management initiatives.
- Collaborate with clinical leadership to drive clinical performance and claims cost reduction initiatives.
- In the future create innovative partnership opportunities with primary care practices in the marketplace to grow our Managed Service (MSO) business.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten + years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare
- Experience in healthcare management and/or operations, Provider Practice/Healthcare or Medical center operations
- Ability to work effectively with physician and health system leadership with experience in contract negotiation.
- Proven ability to drive strategy, set and meet established targets, and manage clinical programs
Success in this position shall be measured across several key performance indicators including but not limited to:
- Patient Satisfaction
- Physician Engagement/Satisfaction
- Clinical outcomes
- Financial outcome
- Operational performance outcomes
- Membership growth and retention
- Master Degree in Health Services or Business Administration preferred.
- Expert knowledge of various external market forces affecting medical centers specific to relationships with hospitals, practitioners, and third party payers.
- Management experience leading multiple departments
- Advanced Financial Analysis background
- Prior demonstrated capability leading cross functional teams
- Progressive business and financial analysis experience with a focus on financial reporting, resource prioritization, variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with managed care operations
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, customer service and team building skills
- Ten years of accomplished clinical experience in a large, complex, and integrated healthcare or payer setting.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience in a comparable panel management, population health, and/or disease management role.
- Experience in P&L management and budgeting functions
- Experience with major clinical IT platforms, and fluent with complex electronic medical record platforms and corresponding successful data extraction.
- Experience developing and implementing clinical, service, and operational process improvement initiatives on both the small and large scale
- Extensive experience in leading and bringing to fruition successful provider related relationships across primary care, specialists and regional health systems.
You will report to the Segment President of the Care Delivery Organization.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40