At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
We are seeking a Market Relationship Consultant (MRC) for our Wells Fargo Home Mortgage sales team. This role will be responsible for building and maintaining mortgage relationships with referral partners such as Realtors, Builders, Enterprise Partners and local Community Organizations and Groups while providing consistent local Wells Fargo presence within a defined geographic territory.
Primary responsibilities of an MRC include:
- Building presence in the community
- Representing Wells Fargo Home Mortgage in the community connecting referral clients with HMCs based on when, where, and how customers want to be served
- Creating relationships and building trust within the community and with referral partners
- Serving as an in-market expert and leveraging local market knowledge to design sales strategy and execution
- Making connections to serve more customers in the market
- Building strong relationships with referral partners to an aligned team of Mortgage Consultants (HMCs)
- Partnering with a defined team of HMCs (Centralized and Distributed) as the referral partner relationship manager
- Conducting field-based sales activities including presenting product and feature information for referral partners
- 3+ years of experience in developing business relationships within one or more of the following industries: Mortgage, Financial Services, Real Estate, or Mortgage Titling
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the consultative approach to client relationship management
- Relationship management experience
- Experience building relationships with referral partners and community organizations within diverse communities
- Mortgage industry experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong influence skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.