At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The WIM Investment Risk Team provides investment risk support for the six WIM lines of business. The open position would serve to support investment risk management as it pertains to Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM). In addition, this position will support the efforts associated with the regulatory mandated analysis and reporting for WFAM for the Comprehensive Capital and Analysis Review (CCAR). Finally, this position will support the oversight, measurement, and reporting of on-balance-sheet market risk for the broader WIM organization.
The responsibilities associated with this role include: compiling data to facilitate the monitoring and reporting of investment risk across the WFAM line of business; participation in day-to-day monitoring of investment risk; assisting with analyses associated with new product launches and on-balance-sheet risk; performing statistical and mathematical modeling tasks in furtherance of identifying investment, market, or other risks where such activities may be ad-hoc or part of a larger effort; participation in meetings; and communicating around investment and market risk both verbally and in writing.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Prepare and distribute reports outlining findings and analysis and participate in meetings and committees as necessary
- Proactively contribute to implementing and further developing a solid investment risk framework focused on WFAM
- Communicate and work with colleagues in WFAM, WIM, and the larger WFC
The position is located in Charlotte, NC. Other locations may be considered.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of R, Python, Matlab, and SQL
- An understanding of financial markets and instruments to include equities, debt, alternative asset classes, derivatives, and pooled vehicles such as mutual and hedge funds
- 1+ years of experience with analytics
- Strong understanding of financial risk modeling methodologies and metrics
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.