At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
We are looking for motivated and talented team members to join the Market and Counterparty Risk Reporting team (MCRM Reporting) within the Corporate Risk group at Wells Fargo.
Within the Market Risk organization, the MCRM Reporting team provides direct risk reporting for all mark-to-market assets within Wells Fargo, including Fixed Income, Equities, Municipals, Principal Investing, and other activities. It also reports on counterparty risk arising from those trades. This team works with Front Office, Market Risk Officers (MROs), Enterprise Counterparty Risk Management (ECRM), Finance, Technology, regulators, and other stakeholders to ensure that risk reporting is accurate and complete.
Market Risk Consultant 2 duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Building data verification tools and improved processes with Technology and others
- Creating new processes as needed to enhance and/or improve reporting and oversight functions
- Completing ad hoc projects as required
- Developing, maintaining, and analyzing financial product time series data
- Documenting data, process, and methodology requirements
- Ensuring that production processes adheres to Governance and Oversight requirements
- Establishing and maintaining common data feeds to enable consistent reporting across the platform
- Partnering with Technology group on technical issues and assisting in the development of solutions
- Preparing presentations to senior management and other internal stakeholders
- Producing reports for management and regulators
- 2+ years of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Knowledge and understanding of BI platform and tools such as: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, and TSQL
- Knowledge and understanding of VB (Visual Basic)
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Middle Office, Risk Management, or Regulatory Reporting experience
- Experience on or supporting a trading desk
- Experience with generating and formatting presentations within specific standards for senior management and client-facing businesses
- Experience with vendor market data applications
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or Financial Risk Management Certificate (FRM)
- Conversant with shared Excel models, templates, and related formatting conventions
- Familiar with financial products such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, and commodities and drivers of change in trading markets and valuations
- Knowledge of market data time series for financial products
- Understanding of trading, structuring, or front office market risk management, including Value-at-Risk (VaR), sensitivity analysis, and stress testing
- Experience using programing languages such as MATLAB, R Studio, or Python to analyze large data sets
- Hands-on skills and knowledge of internal technology platforms
- High level of SQL expertise
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively innovate job processes using scripting and analytics tool packages
- Able to describe key components of complicated concepts clearly to non-experts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, displays sound judgment, takes initiative, works well with team, and shows attention to detail
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.