H&R Block is looking for a Market Vice President to lead our Block Advisors business to achieve client growth targets, client retention, revenue and operational and financial objectives. You will be front and center in promoting positive client experiences and positive business relationships. You will also be responsible for the professional development of your US Retail regional directors and district general managers.
About H&R Block…
The H&R Block purpose is simple. To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since the beginning when brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded the company in 1955. Since that time, we’ve prepared more than 750 million tax returns and grown to have company-owned and franchise retail locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, on U.S. military bases internationally and around the world. H&R Block serves taxpayers with approximately 12,000 retail offices and digital tax solutions.
People are often surprised when they begin working at H&R Block. Maybe it's because our company still has the feeling of family, or it could be our high-ambition associates who believe in our purpose. Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together. We are also curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!
More About This Position
- Leads the achievement of market and company targets for client growth, products, services, net profits, etc.
- Ensures adherence to current Company policies and standard operating procedures within market.
- Drives customer centric behavior through market initiatives that promote and enhance the client experience in each tax office. Ensures excellent service quality.
- Implements operational and business initiatives pertaining to staffing, training, growth and achieving budgeted results in both net earnings and client targets for market.
- Monitors actual operational and financial results against budgeted targets.
- Identifies areas of concern and implements corrective action to ensure achievement of business plan objectives.
- Plans, directs, monitors and evaluates the activities of field leadership associates. Direct reports include 2 company regional directions and 18 district general managers.
- Responsible for the professional development of field leaders.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to objectively evaluate direct reports against relevant succession profiles and build talent elevation plan.
- Uses analytical skills to takes a proactive approach in identifying operating and financial improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes effective project management techniques to prioritize projects and develop a project plan for each initiative.
- Monitors to ensure each approved project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressive business experience including retail leadership, in addition to progressively responsible leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and creativity to identify new opportunities to grow and improve the business in all areas. Entrepreneurial mindset and background of effective operational execution and innovation.
- Strong customer relationship skills and ability to model and coach for client centric behaviors.
- Knowledge of organizational planning techniques to include developing goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards.
- Experience in management in a retail work environment with a large network of locations and prior experience with company and/or franchise ownership models.
- Ability to create and deliver department KPIs and consistently exhibit a comprehensive understanding of all areas of market performance.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and lead distributed, diverse teams, establishing priorities and accountabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Strong presentation and facilitation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)