No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Assist in managing the brand strategy, communications, public relations, signage, digital media, advertising, and marketing for UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Strategize, plan, lead the execution of large scale marketing and communications plans for fundraising events and programs for UHCCF across the country. This role will challenge you to leverage your broad strategic, creative, event management, relationship, and project management skills in order to assist with all aspects of marketing, and communications for the Foundation across the country. Candidates for this role must thrive in a self-starter and hands-on environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the marketing, communications, PR, social media, digital advertising, signage creation, and more for large scale fundraising events and national fundraising programs from creation to execution while meeting awareness and financial objectives
- Assist with the brand, marketing, communications, and PR strategy
- Assist with the quarterly newsletter, annual report, social media pages, and annual calendar
- Assist with the Employee Giving Program to maximize awareness and total donations
- Website maintenance and content writing
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports and adhoc reports for officers and board members
- Communication & customer service: includes handling of written and telephonic inquiries from corporate partners and sponsors, vendors, and other stakeholders, presentations to senior UHG leadership, UHCCF national and regional boards
- Project leadership: including determination of time frames, funding needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various phases of projects and lead others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements, develop business plans and cost benefit analysis
- Lead fundraising & awareness campaigns: including the development, launch, support, and/or participation in existing and new events and campaigns across the country
- Blackbaud System Support and Maintenance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business
- 8+ years of business experience
- 5+ years of communications experience
- Intermediate or higher level proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing and delivering on project / program benefits (revenue and expense elements)
- Travel 25% (domestic)
- Flexible schedule (role may require occasional evening / weekends)
- Telecommuter (preferably in the Minneapolis / St Paul, MN area or in a commutable distance of a major airport)
- Experience in WordPress and Blackbaud (Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, and Luminate)
- Experience with Facebook, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write and edit content.
- Expereince with graphic layout in communications and signage. Comfort preparing and presenting meaningful presentations to officers, board members and to executive level audiences. Will represent the Foundation in the highest standards/guidelines
- Understanding of sound financial principals. Ability to create / complete a cost-benefit analysis (CBA)
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work within a team, virtually, and in a matrixed environment.
- Negotiation and people/customer service skills including ability to “close the deal”, and execute on promises/commitments
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently. Creative. Detail oriented. High level of emotional intelligence
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.