Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is seeking an experienced Marketing Analyst with a strong passion for solving complex business and marketing challenges by strategically leveraging unstructured problem solving skills as well as strong analytic and communication skills. Being consultant, advisor, and measurement expert, the marketing analyst will nurture and support direct and highly collaborative relationships with BBBY marketing teams. This individual will draw on a seamless integration of solid business acumen and pragmatic statistics and measurement experience to guide analytics and experimental design strategies while also supporting deep-dive analyses that provide the business with actionable data-driven insights.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for performing analyses that will support Marketing’s CRM and sales goals by leveraging experimental design and measurement best practices to evaluate and quantify marketing and business opportunity. They will be integral in transforming the way that the Organization consumes and reacts to customer data. This position will have the opportunity to present findings and share insights with multiple business leaders throughout the organization including merchandising, marketing, supply chain, operations, finance etc.
The role is positioned within Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's Customer & Business Analytics department. The Customer & Business Analytics department is a World Class Analytics group, responsible for providing actionable insights into all aspects of the business to drive value, growth, and operational improvements. Department focus areas include Marketing Analytics, Customer Intelligence, CRM & Optimization as well as Web Analytics.
- Engage with business leaders and stakeholders to uncover needs, challenges, and/or goals while guiding the discovery and understanding of data and analytic opportunities to meet expectations
- Map out project scope, objectives and deliverables including methodology and design recommendations along with setting timelines for completion
- Leverage BBBY and 3rd party data assets to measure & analyze program performance and return-on-investment across several key marketing and business initiatives (e.g., Direct Mail, E-mail, etc) to aid in the development of future strategies
- Perform and manage all end-to-end steps required for analyses including requirements gathering, methodology development, data pulling, data processing, analysis, insight formulation and results communication
- Create final deliverables in a variety of formats (formal papers, PowerPoint, etc.) to summarize completed analysis, best practices or recommendations, and present all findings directly to senior leaders and business stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of analytics projects & initiatives
- Execute appropriate quality control procedures for analysis, reporting & scoring and audit statistical analysis for accuracy
- Support the building of analytical capabilities and solutions (e.g., exploratory data analysis, segmentation, modeling, campaign evaluations, etc) that enable analytics to support the strategic goals of the Company
- Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables that meet expectations while balancing business needs with the appropriate level of analytical rigor
- Leverage story-telling skills to deliver insights that are clear, concise and actionable
Experience & Personal Qualities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills that enable personal impact with technical & non-technical stakeholders plus senior-level decision makers
- Organizational, planning and project management skills and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects
- Positive and Energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Always looking to self-develop and improve both business and technical acumen
- Able to receive and provide feedback constructively
- Prior retail analytics experience strongly preferred
- Experience in project management preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Management Science, Data Science, Statistics, Econometrics, or related field with strong focus on applied statistics and research methodology
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL, R, and/or Python.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and Microstrategy Visual Insights a plus
- Knowledge of industry best practices with respect to marketing measurement, data-mining, experimental design, and other statistical techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, macros and v-lookups
- Experience in presenting analytics research and insights
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing analytics preferably within the retail industry
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.