Anderson Merchandisers, recently named a Fortune 500 best places to work, currently has an entry-level opening in our Plano office for a Marketing Coordinator.
This position will support the Marketing Department’s everyday operations. They will collaborate with leadership and marketing staff to market, promote, and sell ShopCom (Shopper Communications).
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
The Marketing Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Marketing Project Manager and report to the VP of Marketing.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates consultative behavior to ensure friendly, polite, expert service
- Manages production flow to ensure all production orders are complete, correct, timely
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining the Distribution Center workload forecast
- Data Entry / Responsible for Maintaining the Item/Order Spreadsheet
- Manage day-to-day client requests
- Coordinating all jobs through production, including the following:
- Utilization of DASH System
- Preparation of Pricing/Quotes
- Coordinate extensively with internal departments responsible for each component of production to ensure we stay on time and on budget
- Send the order confirmation to the customer
- Monitoring and ensuring that all:
- Artwork is created/received
- Proofs are sent/received by deadlines
- POs and UPCs are created/received/sent to secure print run and for material order (i.e. boxes, substrates, hardware, etc.)
- Problem-solves and provide direction to all parties to ensure that deadlines are achieved
- Coordinate extensively with sales and DC team to provide updates on orders and respond to inquiries or change orders
- Shipping information is received and communicated, ensure that the project is shipped by the appropriate method
- Any post shipment follow-up is handled, tracking is received and forwarded to sales
- Coordinate special events, meetings, projects, and mailings
- Coding, preparing, and keying all invoices
- Follows instructions of supervisors and assists other team members in performing other related duties as assigned to support Marketing. This may include project work, marketing analysis, writing or design, creation of presentations, or other duties.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience considered in lieu of degree
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly proficient in proofreading
- Possess a strong work ethic, highly organized, and self-motivated to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure while coordinating several projects simultaneously
- A team player able to collaborate with others and able to influence and motivate others to achieve a common objective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in current software programs including Adobe Professional and MS Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Creative and copy-editing skills and direct marketing experience are preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve.
- Integrity – the individual acts in such a way that instills trust from management, other associates, as well as customers. Acts with honesty while assisting customers, processing transactions, handling money, and confidential information.
- Teamwork - the individual has the ability to work with others including partners, vendors and customers in a positive manner. They understand each other’s roles and empower one another to take responsibility to be a successful team.