This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be a part of the national marketing team responsible for creating and delivering member marketing strategies for Medicaid and Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP). Marketing managers work directly with their assigned plans to help them grow our business each year. Strategies include but are not limited to national direct marketing and media campaigns as well as field marketing/outreach strategies and materials. Marketing managers must have strong knowledge of the business model supporting DSNP sales and retention, as well understand and apply national initiatives and local market needs. They will then collaborate with local plan leaders to suggest and implement approved strategies for each product within that specific market.
- Create new marketing strategies and support existing marketing strategies to achieve assigned % of DSNP sales and Medicaid member growth and retention.
- Have knowledge of CMS requirements for marketing materials and sales activities and communicate that information to plan contacts/sales agents.
- Understand State marketing compliance guidelines for individual Medicaid markets and be able to apply them.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with sales managers, health plan leadership and field teams.
- Equip health plan and sales teams with materials designed to help them achieve established goals.
- Provide training on how to execute the marketing strategies and use available marketing resources.
- Gain an understanding of the product, the community and the business plan for each of your assigned markets.
- Suggest local media strategies as appropriate for markets and work with vendors to execute on those strategies once approved by leadership.
- Provide reporting and understanding around local campaigns to national and plan leadership.
- Have a basic understanding of the overall financial model and the specific marketing budget for each plan.
- Help to promote best practices for national strategies in each of the plans you represent.
- Health care industry experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Direct to consumer marketing experience
- Account management experience
- Experience overseeing and executing on timelines and deliverables
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with DSNP/Medicare and Medicaid products
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience providing direction to creative agencies
- Thinking/learning skills: good judgment, decision making, creativity, strategizing
- Administrative skills: planning, coordinating, managing resources
- Communications skills: building relationships, leading, resolving, managing conflict
- Leadership skills: motivating, coaching, facilitating, influencing
- Motivating skills: achieving results, self-starter
- Adjustment/Self-Management skills: handling stress, personal adaptability
Analytical skills: ability to use data to determine results
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Manager, Community and State, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota