This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Marketing Consultant for OptumCare Medical Group in Southern California will set the marketing direction, lead problem resolution, provide guidance to market leadership, and adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges. The role will also influence and/or provide input to forecasting and planning activities related to patient acquisition and retention.
- Align marketing initiatives/campaigns with applicable business goals/objectives, as well as the needs of identified target populations/clients
- Analyze customer behavior to drive understanding of current and future customer and market needs
- Execute integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns, focused on new digital technologies and integrating efforts with the National Marketing and Innovation teams.
- Conduct/utilize market research and competitive to drive development of marketing strategy
- Work closely with OptumCare network marketing partners to support Medicare Advantage and HMO member growth
- Ensure that marketing activities and materials comply with CMS regulations and UnitedHealth Group standards
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 7 years of professional full time experience in a matrix environment
- 5 years of direct-to-consumer marketing experience including significant experience with digital and social media marketing
- 5 years’ experience in deadline-driven marketing role
- Physician practice marketing experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience managing multiple priorities and cross functional interactions with teams including but not limited to graphic design, copywriting, compliance, and the like
- Experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables and presenting on these deliverables to leadership
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales promotion/marketing targets
- Health care marketing experience with focus on Medical Group growth
- Ability to travel approximately 25% regionally
- Self-starter with high energy who is motivated able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to gather complex data, compile usable information and prepare reports that are understandable by members of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Use sound, independent judgment to manage confidential information
- Able to prioritize tasks when there are competing demands
- Able to complete additional projects related to the medical group
- Clearly communicate requisite information to all audiences
- Must hold and maintain a current/valid California driver’s license
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.