Working under minimal supervision and collectively with the Medicare sales department, this Marketing Outreach Specialist is responsible for working in targeted communities to increase enrollment for the Medicare Dual Special Needs Plans D-SNPs. Specifically, this position is responsible for developing sites and securing organizations for community-based sales and marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity. This position will also interface with other members of the Marketing department to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth.
- Investigate, identify, initiate and respond to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Assist with planning, implementing and coordinating both sales and non-sales events for all assigned products
- Tracks and measures various sales event effectiveness. Assists with designing and measuring overall sales event strategy
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations for each approved event
- Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners. Serve as an ambassador for UnitedHealthcare
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 2+ years of marketing or community outreach experience
- 1+ years of Medicare and/or Medicaid enrollment
- Ability to travel locally 75% of the time
- Able to work evenings & weekends, when required
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Established professional relationships with local/ community contacts
- Accident & Health License or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment
- Experience working with multi-cultural senior citizen and disabled populations
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS marketing rules and regulations
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish is a plus
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.