At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Wells Fargo’s In-House Agency (IHA) is looking for a Group Creative Director (GCD) to lead a team covering a variety of vital Lines of Business, including internal and external Brand initiatives, Community Support, Small Business, Affluent Segment Marketing, and Mobile & Virtual Banking and Innovations.
More specifically, we’re looking for a GCD with a copywriting background who’s known for coming up with amazing ideas – someone who can consistently wow us and our clients with creativity in concept, presentation and execution. It’s not the usual agency grind. But it is a good challenge, an opportunity to be a true difference maker and build your own career adventure.
If you think you’re up for it, read on.
This GCD will sit in San Francisco, joining a vibrant in-house agency that has gone through a dramatic transformation in the last 24 months. We’re rebuilding the Wells Fargo brand while building an agency community of inclusiveness and camaraderie.
This GCD will lead the development of campaign-level work across various Wells Fargo Lines of Business while also helping to raise the creative game for the entire 60-plus creative group of the In-House Agency.
The opportunity is to help lead us higher ground, to take our creative thinking to the next level in the increasing digital-media landscape.
Our agency has a singular focus on helping Wells Fargo customers succeed in life financially. We are all in on delivering great work that works – for our customers, for our brand, for our business.
Our agency culture is fun and supportive. We value fire in the belly, a sense of humor and an open, curious mind. We embrace new ways of thinking and working. We aspire to greatness. And we believe strongly in work-life balance.
As a Group Creative Director, you must be a powerhouse strategic thinker, a customer champion, an inspirational leader, and a joy to work with as we build a truly world-class in-house agency together.
Together, we will help transform our brand, transform our agency, transform our creative department and transform our teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Creating omni-channel marketing (paid/owned/earned) from insights to implementation and developing integrated marketing campaigns that encompass the entire spectrum of customer experiences.
• Shaping customer experiences across all touchpoints – including print, digital signage, websites, landing pages, mobile, social, online advertising, and distributed branded content, including animated and live-action video.
• Partner with Account leaders to shape a hard-charging team that does breakthrough work and has rock-solid client relationships.
• Thinking conceptually and collaboratively with other teams (such as Account Management) during brainstorming and idea generation.
• Working with internal teams and clients in development and approval of strategic, digitally minded creative briefs.
• Collaborating closely with Art Directors and Designers throughout concept development, presentation, and execution.
• Working closely with other copywriters to shape the vocabulary for communicating in channels across various lines of business.
• Representing the IHA team in both internal and client presentations, effectively communicating both strategic quality and creative rationale.
• Maintaining a thorough and current awareness of the competitive and cultural landscape as it pertains to communications in digital and non-digital customer touchpoints.
Portfolios will be requested from selected candidates.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Digital marketing campaign experience
- Digital marketing experience
- 9+ years of marketing/advertising experience
- 7+ years as a Senior Copywriter
- 3+ years of leading others directly or cross-functionally
- A killer book showcasing creative excellence across a broad spectrum of media touchpoints
- Well versed in creating for social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Vine, Spotify, Pandora, etc.
- Expertise in the craft of copywriting that connects emotionally and rationally through digital and non-digital touchpoints.
- Deep understanding of brand and the customer, and the ability to convey that understanding
- Experience in creating impactful, engagement-driving experiences (financial services experience is a plus)
- Expertise in creative best practices for delivering customer-focused communications that grab/earn the customer’s attention
- Understanding of best-in-class execution of marketing with operational compliance
- A diplomatic approach to providing feedback and critiques
- Core skills in relevant copywriting software platforms
- A willingness to look beyond the day-to-day work stream and seek out opportunities
- A commitment to ongoing, productive collaboration and teamwork with agency teams as well as with client partners
- Expertise in holistic engagement across all channels, platforms and devices
- Marketing agency experience and/or a combination of in-house/client-side experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.