You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a Marketing Specialist, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Working under minimal supervision this Marketing Specialist is responsible for working in targeted communities to support and educate our Medicaid Members and promote membership growth. Specifically, this position is responsible for building relationship with provider - based, community - based and other types of organizations in support of marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity. This position will also interface with other members of the Marketing department to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth through positive member experience.
- Investigate, identify, initiate and respond to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Assist with planning, implementing and coordinating events for all assigned products
- Bring UHC programs into communities via health fairs and provider lobby sits
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare cost recommendations for event expenses
- Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners
- Serve as an ambassador for UnitedHealthcare
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of marketing or community outreach experience
- 1+ years of Medicare and / or Medicaid enrollment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word (creating, saving, formatting documents), Excel (ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save spreadsheets), Outlook (ability to open and send emails), and PowerPoint (ability to create, edit, and format presentations)
- Ability to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel locally up to 75% of the time within the community
- Ability to work evenings & weekends, when required
- Experience working with multi-cultural senior citizen, low income and disabled populations
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS marketing rules and regulations
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Have established professional relationships with local / community contacts
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Marketing, Specialist, Outreach, Hays, KS