This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
We are seeking a marketing professional to join our Horsham, PA office as a Marketing Specialist for the AARP Medicare Supplement product sold through the Distribution Channel. This highly visible position offers excellent growth potential within a Fortune 100 healthcare organization. The hired individual will have the opportunity to work on both business - to - business and business - to - consumer marketing activities. The position entails supporting the distribution of developing support and lead generating marketing materials, writing agent-facing communications and creating helpful guides to aid agents in selling our product.
Insurance Solutions provides AARP Medicare Supplement and AARP Hospital Indemnity Insurance Plans to AARP members. The company is part of UnitedHealthcare Medicare and Retirement, a segment of the UnitedHealth Group businesses dedicated to improving the health and well - being of Americans ages 50 and older.
- Support development of new business opportunities to existing Agents and attracting new Agents / Agencies to sell the AARP Medicare Supplement product.
- Evaluate and participate in initiatives and projects in support of the Distribution channel and new business activities.
- Develop sales and marketing collateral / tools to educate and promote the product to the Agents / Agencies to drive increased sales activity.
- Measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies based on those results.
- Coordinate with the marketing team for the Medicare prescription drug plan to develop cross - selling promotional materials.
- Interface with advertising agency / ies to deliver creative assignments.
- Consult with sales managers and competitive intelligence team to understand key markets and industry trends
Key Skills (ability to):
- Work independently as needed with nominal manager guidance and direction
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Support sales team for agent business activities
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to requests and problems
- Manage and track budget information
- Handle multiple priorities at one time
- Provide evaluation and analyses of projects
- Ability to work cross functionally with different business units
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Marketing, Business Communications, or related field
- 2+ years previous experience developing digital and print marketing collateral
- 1+ years of sales or marketing experience within a matrix organization collaborating with multiple departments
- 2+ years previous experience managing multiple marketing projects simultaneously
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit word documents), Excel (ability to create, edit and save spreadsheets), Outlook (ability to create and edit), and PowerPoint (ability to create and edit presentations)
- Previous experience with Adobe Writer (ability to create and edit)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% domestically
- Experience in the healthcare or insurance industries
- Experience with email marketing and graphic design
- Experience with print production process
- Previous experience with data analytics and reporting
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Horsham, PA, Marketing, Specialist