No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.
Today, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving the health and well-being needs of individuals 50 and older. It is our mission to provide health services uniquely designed for the preventive, chronic and acute health care needs of our aging population.
Join us to help achieve UHC powerful mission to deliver even better care to the right person, at the right time, in the way that is best for them.
We are seeking an experience/service designer to join our M&R Member Experience team, part of the broader M&R marketing team. This role is focused on creating omnichannel service / experience designs that are human centered, aligned to member and business goals, and our member experience strategy. This individual will work with a broad set of stakeholders to help drive the most strategic projects, and join an multidisciplinary team that is responsible for the end-to-end member experience. The team has an exciting mix of designers, strategists, and data analytics capabilities that lead and leverage offer management, AI, specialized reporting, and strategy to govern, inform, and set standards for engaging our members across their journey.
This experience designer will partner to inform and influence member experience and engage with cross-functional product teams to define consumer journeys, experience frameworks and innovative strategies rooted in member needs/behaviors while considering the full omnichannel experience.
- Collaborate with an integrated team of experience designers and data analysts to define member centered journeys, insights, standards, and opportunities
- Advocate for, and leverage, the best practices related to human centered design methods: conducting observational research, interviews and workshops; undertaking internal and external research activities; generating conceptual frameworks and formulating insights related to the synthesis of the research data; creating tangible, compelling design expressions that communicate vision such as journey maps, and help teams develop great solutions and ensure consumer desirability
- Ensure products/solutions balance desirability, feasibility, and viability
- Lead strategic workshops with internal and external partners to clarify needs, goals, and requirements to find new solutions, opportunities, and drive action
- Create journey maps to define the member experience and needs, and support collaborative partnerships
- Associate degree or (higher) or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years experience human-centered design, Marketing, or strategy
- MS Office Word-create document, Excel-update spreadsheets, PowerPoint-create presentations.
- Experience working from vision and strategy to execution (omnichannel preferred)
- Experience facilitating and engaging groups through the strategy and design processes
- Experience in developing program plans and roadmaps
- 2+ years experience in collaborating in a matrixed environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Marketing, specialist, M& R, strategy, matrixed, human-centered design, facilitating, UHG,