DescriptionAs part of the MarketPoint Business Reporting team, the Data Analysis Professional 2 performs analysis of data, business, process and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. The Data Analysis Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Data Analysis Professional 2 formulates and defines systems and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable data, business systems, and industry requirements. Devises or modifies requirements and processes to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Validates benefits achieved from solution implementation. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Partner with operations teams, subject matter experts, training, IT Teams, and Retail Sales Teams to develop and deploy continuous improvement initiatives across the organization
- Cultivate relationships with multiple internal Business and IT partners
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders to identify and document business technology needs that align with department deliverables and organizational goals
- Analyze data and translate to business rules that will support stakeholder needs
- Capture business requirements in Agile User Stories
- Follow Change Management processes as needed to maintain accurate requirements and testing needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 - 5 years of technical experience
- Experience in problem analysis and process
- Experience with Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ad-hoc query tools and data repositories that support data extraction and manipulation (T-SQL, PL-SQL, MS Access, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication, meeting facilitation, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Solid change management and documentation skills
- Ability to work with project stakeholders and remote teams at all levels in the organization in a collaborative, team environment
- Problem solving and consultation within complex environments
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Development Methodologies
* This position requires occasional weekend and evening hours to support production turns during off-peak hours. Ideal candidate should live within reasonable driving distance from Louisville KY.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40