DescriptionThe Enterprise Data Governance Professional 2 implements and operates the company's data governance program, and applies seasoned knowledge to ensure data quality. The Enterprise Data Governance Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Humana Military is transforming how health services are defined and delivered. Part of that transformation is how information is managed and used across the organization. Consistent and accurate reference, or master, data allows Humana Military to share accurate, consistent data across the enterprise, improve business process efficiency, and, ultimately, the service and outcomes of our customers.
We are seeking a Master Data Administrator to coordinate the collection, maintenance, and administration of provider master data. The Master Data Administrator works with analysts and business stakeholders to manage “golden record” provider data elements and manage defined system, process, and data standards.
• Ensure quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity
• Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
• Assist in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards
• Support data governance, data management, and data quality activities and requirements to ensure functional master data integrity across multiple data domains is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements
• Manage, analyze, and resolve data initiative issues and manage revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards
• Work closely with the internal data management and technology vendor(s) to ensure alignment of master data rules and operation of the application(s) meet all requirements
• Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship
• Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
• Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field
• Three to five years of experience in data analysis, systems administration, or computer programming
• Three to five years' experience as a data analyst in healthcare or a related field including business domain, data/content, and process understanding
• Experience working with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems
• Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages
• Experience working with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
• Experience working with relational databases
• Experience in data quality improvement
• Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources.
• Experience working with master data technology and model providers
• Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters
Scheduled Weekly Hours40