At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo & Company is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company that is headquartered in San Francisco with major locations around the country. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members, and we serve about one in three households in the United States.
As one of the country’s oldest and most stable companies, we’re always looking for sharp and ambitious individuals to join the Wells Fargo family. We provide an exciting and diverse environment where you’ll have the ability to work on a range of interesting problems. You’ll also have the opportunity to move around the company as you use your problem-solving, organizational and communications skills to build your career.
Our Quantitative Associate program provides qualified candidates with the opportunity to gain comprehensive professional and industry experience in order to develop, implement, calibrate, validate or audit analytical models. Applications include loss and revenue forecasting, financial crimes, fair lending, operational risks and stress testing. Associates will work with business units and other organizations on selected lending products, operational risk processes, model validation or model audit.
Our program begins in June 2019 and will begin with a combination of orientation, classroom training and professional development activities. Associates will then be placed in a 12-month rotational program followed by placement within Credit Risk or Operational Risk. Associates will have the opportunity to influence risk management strategies, interact with senior leaders, excel through individual coaching and mentoring and participate in team building activities. Opportunities are available in Atlanta (GA), Charlotte (NC), McLean (VA), Minneapolis (MN) and San Francisco (CA).
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Perform core mathematical and statistical model development, validation or auditing under the direction of more experienced team members
- Produce required documentation to evidence model development, validation and/or auditing
- Perform analytical research in response to requests or assignments
- Understand credit and operational processes, work flows and issues to sufficiently document and make recommendations for process improvements
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions through clear verbal and written communications to management and fellow team members
- Lead and participate in model risk projects supporting varying purposes, methodologies and lines of business
- Read and understand technical papers and their application to Wells Fargo modeling problems
- Stay up to speed on industry challenges as well as new and innovative modeling techniques to ensure Wells Fargo maintains “best in class” practice
- Stay current with bank regulatory framework and developments
- Bring closure to issues, questions and requests
- Solve problems independently or collaborate on solutions as a member of a team
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics upon start date of the program
- The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied or Computational Mathematics, Engineering or a related quantitative field.
- Master’s applicants should have an expected graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
- Experience and ability to demonstrate first-hand knowledge in these areas: data analytics, modeling, statistical inference, computing, big data and machine learning
- Excellent computer programing skills and use of statistical software packages such as C++, Python, R, SAS and SQL
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.