BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
BJs Wholesale Club prides itself on our Management Development Program Summer Internship. We have been awarded Forbes best employers for new grads in 2018 and best places to work for LGBTQ equality in 2017. As a company we provide students with a well-rounded corporate experience to develop the necessary skills they need to thrive in the next step of their career. We offer a competitive paid internship that has strategic and project-based positions in different areas of the business. As an intern you would report to a VP or above and be assigned a mentor that will help you navigate the day to day operations
The Cloud Engineer intern will design, build, deploy and support highly available systems and solutions in AWS. If you are a good programmer with passion for Infrastructure as code, this is the internship waiting for you.
- Build systems using AWS compute (EC2, ECS – Docker, ECR), Storage (S3, EBS, EFS) and Database (RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, ElastiCache).
- Manage availability, configuration and compliance with AWS Management tools – CloudFormation, Autoscaling, CloudWatch, Systems Manager, Config, CloudTrail.
- Manage Security, Identity with AWS IAM, KMS, Certificate Manager, Secrets Manager.
- Support AWS Analytics solutions in production use – AWS EMR, Data Pipeline, RedShift.
- GPA of 3.4 or above
- Preferred Major: Bachelor’s in computer science or related
- Leadership experience in programs, projects, clubs-preferred
- A year of experience in AWS and Programing (Or less)
- Knowledge in Infrastructure as Code and programing
- New hire orientation tailored to the program
- Performance review throughout the program
- Club tour and Distribution center tour
- Coffee with our CEO
- One-on-one resume review
- Information Knowledge exchanges with senior business leaders
- Development workshops
- Social outings
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.