BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Meat Managers are responsible for managing the day to day Meat Department operation to enhance customer satisfaction and achieve sales and profitability goals, directing the work of the team members assigned to the meat department; have the authority to recommend hiring, firing, and promotion of team members in the department. Duties also include fulfilling member orders and maintaining proper inventory levels and merchandise displays. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ordering supplies and equipment
- Conducting inventories
- Meet and exceed all sales profits and profit budgets
- Ensure all freshness codes are in compliance and properly rotated
- Maintain a full variety (APS) and presentation of products utilizing the movement report and minimum variety checklist
- Providing Members First service during all hours of club operation
- Upholding compliance with all company policies and regulations pertaining to safety, sanitation, merchandising and food quality
- Meeting or exceeding all sales and profit budgets
- Controlling shrink and salvage to budgeted percent’s
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma
- Formal food service vocational education preferred
- Knowledge Journeyman Meat Cutter, of product and the merchandising of perishables
- Strong communication skills
- 1 - 3 years experience managing a meat department in a Supermarket or equivalent type of operation
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.