Title Mechanic / Fleet Manager EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
The Commercial Fleet Manager's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hiring, planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the work of assigned personnel; provide leadership, training, counseling, motivation, disciplining staff; processing grievances and constructive performance reviews to staff and report severe employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints to the General Manager or to the Office Manager in their absence.
- Inspect, test drive, and evaluate vehicles to diagnose malfunctions and/or to ensure they are working properly.
- Maintaining a safe work environment to ensure compliance with DOT, OSHA, ADA, federal, state and local regulations including annual Quality Control vehicle inspections and preventive maintenance inspections every six months per DOT regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Diesel Engines.
Cummins Engine experience preferred
- Ability to apply knowledge in multiple areas of vehicle repair including but not limited to the following systems: drive line, suspension systems, welding, body repair, cooling systems, transmissions, axles, rear end assemblies, brake systems and electrical systems.
- Ability to drive in a safe, competent manner a vehicle that is 27 feet to 40 feet in length on company property, in confined areas, and on city and county roadways.
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Shall be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces and under a vehicle while lying on your back , lift, lower and carry items that typically weigh 25 – 50 pounds without assistance and 75 pounds with assistance, varying distances.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Management experience preferred
- Current ASE or comparable certifications required: Medium/Heavy Truck Brakes (T4) and Medium/Heavy Preventative Maintenance (T8).
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Will provide training to acquire a Class C or higher CDL with passenger endorsement within 60 days.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- Competitive wage
- All FT Employees are eligible for: Two weeks paid Vacation the first year, Well-Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- All FT & PT employees are eligible for: 401K and Sick Time
- Flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends
- Fun, upbeat work environment
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and a background search
This position is currently accepting applications.