Assists managing employees in the maintenance of the locomotive fleet. Ensures all GWI safety rules and practices for Mechanical Department employees are followed explicitly. Manage the maintenance and repairs of locomotives in order that they meet FRA Standards and in such a manner as to reduce life cycle cost and increase their reliability and availability.
- Maintains employee safety records regarding scheduled safety rule presentations, job briefings, and safety films. Prepares schedules for the aforementioned events.
- Assists in the work process to maintain locomotive periodic maintenance schedule and ensure locomotives arrive to the shop on schedule.
- Assists in the maintenance of locomotive files to comply with FRA periodic inspections rules and GWI rules for record retention.
- Carries out the decisions concerning correct repairs and maintenance practices of locomotives.
- Must be knowledgeable in the handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste products
- Supervises daily service of locomotive units: fuels, waters, lubricates and oils; wipes down and cleans unit/windows; checks supplies and drinking water.
- Oversees periodic and annual inspections and understands FRA regulations pertaining to inspections
Analysis and Problem Assessment - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Interpersonal/Communications Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; speaks and writes clearly and listens to get clarification
Customer Focus - responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service
Initiative - volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Integrity - builds trust by treating customers, peers and others with integrity
Database and Computer Skills
Technical Skills - strives to build knowledge and skills
Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities
Attendance and Punctuality - is consistently at work on time.
Motivation - demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
Education Required or Equivalent Experience: Associate’s Degree
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Related Experience Required: 2 years experience and must be fully conversant with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of locomotive’s mechanical and electrical systems
Related Experience Preferred: 5 years relevant work experience
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Palmer, Massachusetts, United States