We are seeking a Medicaid Business Analyst to join our team. We are in need of a strong business analyst with experience in a large Medicaid enterprise environment. This role will focus on the implementation of a large data warehouse environment initially using Medicaid data. This Business Analyst will work closely with both the Database Administration team and our development teams.
- Work closely with customers to gather business requirements and translate requirements clearly into accurate specifications for the configuration of large data warehouse systems
- Use Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as IBM Rational to trace development and deliverables through the system development lifecycle
- Research MMIS managed care and fee for service policy to ensure system specifications are accurate to policy.
- Review deliverables and enforce the approval process of deliverables to ensure that quality assurance processes are strictly followed
- Proven ability to work with customers, DBAs, ETL programmers, Business intelligence architects, and PMO staff in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of Application Lifecycle Management tools (such as Rational, HP, DevSuite).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business users in a clear and concise manner.
- Thorough understanding ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT-4, NDC and other medical coding standards
- Business Intelligence experience with at least one of the following tools: Cognos, Business Objects, MS Analysis Services, Hyperion, Oracle, Tableau
- 5+ years of experience working with Medicaid or health plan programs and data. Extensive knowledge of Federal and State healthcare programs (i.e., Medicaid, CHIP) and related eligibility/enrollment principles, and claims data
- Experience contributing to and managing the planning and execution activities for the following SDLC phases:
- Systems analysis and requirements definition
- Systems design
- System Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Maintenance and operation support
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data analysis techniques, data modeling and data management tools (e.g., MS Excel, SQL language, relational databases)
- Understanding of ETL tools including Informatica and business intelligence tools including Cognos
- Experience with the IBM Rational Suite including Rational Team Center
- Understanding of relational & dimensional modeling
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy & security rules
- Knowledge of Medicaid payment policy and MMIS data
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall development techniques
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: GovtConsulting