If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is accountable for the day-day development and management of financial models and performance as it relates to business goals and objectives. This position will work with key leaders to ensure that the business is operating effectively, with sound financial analysis, and with appropriate financial and operating controls in place.
- Provide monthly financial reporting of key business initiatives
- Provide ongoing financial analysis of development and operational results against the budget
- Work side-by side with the Business Team and/or Finance personnel within OptumHealth and/or across other aspects of UnitedHealth Group, to fully understand the business and support the financial goals and objectives Develop and implement controls to support these goals/objectives as needed
- Provide analysis and support for developing ideas, programs and projects
- Develop systems for key financial and operating initiatives, as needed, as business growth occurs and matures
- Directly supervise key financial operating personnel as required; effectively support and promote the development of staff as required
- North Carolina Market CFO
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or equivalent field
- 8+ years broad experience in multiple Finance disciplines
- 3 plus years of Advanced Health Care industry experience (either Medicaid, Medicare, or Commercial)
- Experience reporting to Executive Leadership in a strategic partnership capacity
- Ability to complete complex projects influence change in complicated, fast paced, matrix environment
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports
- Demonstrated success partnering with, leading and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- 3+ years managerial and leadership experience of a broad spectrum of professional finance staff (e.g. accounting, medical analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, actuarial, underwriting, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications:MBA 3 plus years of Medicaid Finance experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicaid Market CFO, Greensboro, NC, North Carolina